About us

Who are we, you might ask? We are Sardonicus and Lisa, We are sisters in spirit. We are not related by blood, but we are closer than some sisters are. We met each other at a wonderful cloth doll makers gathering in Livermore, CA nine years ago and we became fast friends and sisters in spirit. We are kindred spirits, each having lived a life that is differentbut remarkably the same. We both have families and grown children and we have a passionate love for anything creative, movies, books, doll making, crafting, art. Our love of creating brought us together and we continue to further our creative endeavors.
We each have our own unique style that is constantly evolving and changing, but the one part of that style that remains the same is that we are eclectic. We both love gothic, mysterious things and holidays and the change of seasons. Sardonicus focuses on anything that catches her fancy while Lisa tends to focus on Christmas and Halloween and whimsical things. We both will have a wide range of offerings available. Welcome to our Blog, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Monday, August 31, 2009

Lisa's first post (Paper Clay and Mache adventures)

Well, I finally bit the bullet and decided to stop reading about paper clay and paper mache and get to work. I am fascinated by jesters and jack-in-the-boxes. So I decided to make my own Jack-in-the-box. Of course this is an art piece so it won't actually pop up and the lid won't close on my Jack. Who by the way is named Jack-E-Boo! Here is what will be his head. I started out with soft styrofoam and a styrofoam ball and didn't think to take pictures of the beginning part of the process. You would think I would know that by now. Anyway, then I added paper pulp and that had to dry for a few days and I was beginning to despair that it would ever harden. It finally did and I realized that I had left no hole for his neck (bad move) so I got the drill out and my 2-1/2 year old grandson helped me make a big mess all over the place. But Jack-E-Boo now has a neck hole.


So I covered him (not his neck hole) with delight air dry clay. I am trying all kinds of different clays right now to gauge what I like best and am just waiting for it to dry. Here is a pick of what I have so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment